Thursday, July 16, 2009

May 27, 2009, 8:50pm

Is it just me, or is my blogging becoming less frequent? Perhaps I should call it a clog instead…

Ah well, I have been talking with plenty of product reps from various companies – who knew there were so many thermometers from which to choose? Now it is all in preparation for the CFI grant. This is my chance to get all the equipment I really need to get things going.

I received over thirty resumes for the lab tech position I posted. Unfortunately, they don’t all live in Edmonton. Hopefully I can interview some next week though. Wow – that’s June! For the last two weeks of June I’m off to Vancouver to learn all about 3D live cell imaging and confocal microscopy.

Oh, and I now have braces. Yes, on my teeth. Great weight loss strategy. I still can’t bite anything without pain and it has been over two weeks. Sushi is my friend… I was still able to enjoy food (and drink) in Las Vegas this past weekend though. It was my 10th wedding anniversary. Yep. 10 years. We got married one week after I wrote my LMCC (medical school licensing exam). Did I mention I thrive on stress?

I really want to write up this paper using data from my post-doc, but there have been changes to the machines on which I used to do the runs, and now a repeat of the experiment is giving weird results. It sounds like a calibration issue. I hope another repeat will clear things up. I would love to be able to submit an abstract to the PRION 2009 meeting in Greece this September. The deadline is now May 31 – 4 more days…

No comments:

Post a Comment