Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17, 2009

I was just interviewed by SHAW TV about prion research. TV interviews are fun I find, as long as you don’t talk yourself in a circle. I love the quest for “B roll” footage - to shoot stuff occurring in the lab or hallways which they can play during the talking. So often it can have nothing to do with the research! I guess watching someone talk is just not entertaining enough. It is supposed to be on line on their “cutting edge” research segment, and on TV on the 23rd at 4pm.

And just when we thought my admin person Courtney was going to get her desk, such that we dismantled her computer and moved the old small desk out of the way, now we find that those booked to dismantle the existing desk over in Medicine and bring it here, are not able to dismantle it. Wrong tools? Who knows. Now a completely different group of people needs to be booked. Sigh. And there Courtney sits, in her chair, no desk, no computer, phone on her lap…

In other news, I have been invited to give a half hour scientific talk at a joint board meeting of PrioNet Canada and the Alberta Prion Research Institute in Vancouver in a week and a half. Apparently mine will be the only science presentation of the afternoon. No pressure! After all, these are only the people who have provided me with most of my funding so far! My target audience will range from prion researchers to cattle ranchers…

No comments:

Post a Comment