Thursday, July 16, 2009

April 28, 2009

We are still trying to get the prion centre up and running. Sigh. We are told “one more week” a lot. Maybe this time it will be true. Oh well, at least now I have access to start-up funds. Paperwork is still in process for the other two grants, and then I have to figure out how to “sub-grant” to my collaborators…

Protocols, protocols, protocols: Animals, ethics, and prions – oh my! And some committees are requesting 25 copies! All in the name of good science.

I did speak with a researcher who has used the same software that I hope to use (she is in McGill), and it was a helpful conversation. It is really great to be able to talk with other scientists in such an open and friendly manner, because we all get excited about each other’s projects and ideas. Plus, starting out can seem a bit daunting, so having a reassuring voice is nice too.

No comments:

Post a Comment